Ravelin analyses online behaviour in real time to reduce payment-related fraud. The company has raised £4.3 million to date. Voted for one of Europe’s 100 Hottest Startups in 2017 by WIRED.
Some of my responsibilities include:
- Delivering designs for multiple projects at the same time.
- Sketching out user flows for all Ravelin products.
- Rapidly iterate on designs within engineering, design and business constraints.
- Develop relationships with PM, Engineering, Sales, Data Science and Marketing stakeholders.
- Collaborate with engineering throughout the development cycle to iterate on and deliver highest quality product designs.
- Conducting user research and developing a closer relationship with our clients.
- Establishing a design-driven culture within the company.
- Interviewing candidates for our open product roles.
I've worked on a handful of projects including refreshing the orders view for a transaction, adding comments funtionality to the dashboard or rethinking how we show machine learning score to our end users.
We've also started working on our internal design-system to help us make better products, faster. Apart from the Sketch-based styled components, our design-system (called Pentagon, as the heart of Ravelin) has a coded version that everyone at the company has access to. As well as the code-base for our product components, it also containts a comprehensive documentation on how each element should be used, when to create new ones or suggest improvements.